Signs and quotes that remind you of Full House

Forum to talk about all aspects of the show, the actors, and other related subjects that don't fit in any of the other forums.
Owlnut 1974

Signs and quotes that remind you of Full House

Post by Owlnut 1974 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:39 am

Has anyone ever seen a sign or heard something that reminds you of a certain Full House character?

A local car wash near me has a sign that says: A clean car is a happy car.
Whenever I see it, I think of Danny Tanner. It sounds like something he would say.

dtf955

Re: Signs and quotes that remind you of Full House

Post by dtf955 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 pm

Ones we made ourselves or saw others make?

because I was trying to cheer up a 9YO girl in our inner city ministry one night who we've been working with, and...well, I'll avoid Dannyesque rambling with details and say , she was upset over something and i reminded her she just had to practice and it would take time.

Then, I asked who her favorite athlete was - having none, I said Francisco Lindor, Cleveland's shortstop. We talked about how Lindor couldn't be expected to hit major league pitching as a Little Leaguer, and just the same way she should think of herself like that, someone who struggled now but who was going to keep working at it rather than getting upset and giving up. And then i quipped, "So one day you can be the best shortstop in the league..." Then, I said what I really meant before saying "i guess 'Full House' type jokes don't always work inr eal life." Although I had drawn a smile from her.

As i told another of our workers later that night, I think she and other youth appreciate my silliness. What's important with a lot of these kids is just that you spend the time with them.

Owlnut 1974

Re: Signs and quotes that remind you of Full House

Post by Owlnut 1974 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:48 pm

It can be anything. Today, I saw a t-shirt that would be perfect for Steve, it said :
Always Hungry.